I've been practising my left hand skills by using it to apply nailpolish to my right hand, and I must admit, I've gotten pretty good at it.
I still can't hold a hairbrush/blow-drier with my left hand to save my LIFE.
Did I mention that I can't even get on a bike if its to the left of me? That's when I first realized how much of a leftard I am. I noticed these difficulties when I was younger and tried to wax my arms by myself at home, but at the time, my main concern were the multiple burns and skin-rash that I induced upon myself. So, naturally, I didn't pay attention to my left hand's disability.
Now that I'm older, and much wiser. I've come to the realization that unless my left hand gets it's act together and starts acting up - it will get chopped off.. Hmm but then again I'll have to deal with people's questioning looks on whether or not I stole something in Saudi Arabia. See left hand, that's what you'll be putting me through, so you better shape up.
On another note, I'm an extremely fast typer.. typist? Firefox put a red dotted line underneath typer so I'm just gonna go with typist. Anyway. I'm exceptional. I really am. I'm not a fan of self-marketing but if I were your secretary you'd be thrilled, for my typing skills that is *insert stern look here*. Basically, putting my rambling aside, I don't understand how my left hand can coordinate perfectly well with my right hand when flying across a computer keyboard but not when I want it to do useful, essential things like cutting up a steak, or even holding up a spoon to my mouth!!
What also amazes me is that when I was a much younger, more daft child I considered taking piano lessons. But I couldn't continue because I just couldn't get my left hand to coordinate properly. Even though my piano teacher would urge me to think of the keys as a computer keyboard and not *think* but just *play*. Again, being the master of coming up with excuses, at the time I blamed it on my pre-pubescent years and the fact that I have mild ADD and get bored easily (I still use that excuse, I think it's true.. I don't know. You never know actually. Maybe I should get tested?)
It's been a while since I've written a blog post. I used to be a much, much better writer (see below posts for further proof). So please, anyone, if you're reading this (Amir you out there?) do excuse my lack of coherency (wow didn't know that's a word, but Firefox didn't underline it! w00t w00t!) and lack of concentration, and lack of 3-syllable vocabulary - it really has been a while :)
I think I'll be back. I kinda liked the feeling of posting without editing. And talking without thinking.
:D
Bye Amir. (if you're reading this)